County Superintendent - Dr. Jorge O. Ayala
The mission of the Yolo County Office of Education is to meet current and future needs of Yolo County by serving as a regional resource to students, parents, school districts, agencies, and businesses through collaborative leadership, support and services.
Organization Charts (all files in PDF)
The Office of the County Superintendent of Schools
- Provides certain services that cannot efficiently or economically be operated at the local school district level.
- Offers local school districts assistance in coordinating instructional and pupil personnel efforts through the provision of educational specialists, implementation, and dissemination of innovative programs.
- Assures legal compliance to the Education Code and various other governmental regulations.
- Develops a strong educational leadership role in public education in Yolo County through identification and analysis of changing conditions and advocates development of educationally sound programs for responding to those changes.
- Provides procedural consistency and judicial regularity for students, districts and staff.
- Facilitates the development of consortia and other cooperative relationships with the public and private non-profit agencies, universities, businesses, and community-based and professional organizations.
- Coordinates and operates specialized services meeting unique needs where county offices are best able to address them effectively or efficiently.
- Increases educational options and services for high-risk students.
Superintendent's Goals for 2014-15
1) Student services and program administration
--- Providing quality outcomes for those we serve
--- Enhancing resources through partnerships
--- Create, implement and monitor strategies, action plans and workgroups that will address
the organizational climate and systemic capacity
3) Planning and evaluation
--- Bringing clarity and agility to our work
4) Organizational infrastructure
--- Preparing for opportunities and challenges
--- Improving self and the organization
6) Policies and procedures
--- Providing guidelines and parameters
--- Creating conducive environments that are positive and productive
COE has initiated three focus areas in addressing how we do business and where we will go as an organization. The three themes are Leadership, Accountability, and Capacity-Building. To transform a visionary plan into action requires leadership. Leaders need to be accountable for the institutional vision and action taken. And the element that defines the degree that the first two focus areas are met is the outcome of capacity-building of the organization in its service and its intellectual capital. The organization will continue to develop these three focus areas in its planning, work, and evaluation in the 2014-15 year.
SP = Superintendent Policy BP = Board Policy OP = Operating Procedure
AR = Administrative Regulation E = Exhibit
Alternative Credits Toward Graduation BP/SP 6146.11
Awards BP 1150.00
Bullying BP 5131.2
Community Relations SP 1330.1
Copyrighted Materials and Software BP/SP 0416.00
Drug- and Alcohol-Free Environment - Employees BP/SP 0442.00
Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace - Administrative Bulletin E 0442.00
Employee Use of Technology SP 4040.00
Employee Use of Technology AR 4040.00
Family Care and Medical Leave - Employees SP 4161.8
Family Care and Medical Leave - Employees OP 4161.8
Internet Safety BP/SP 6163.5
Local Control Accountability Plan BP/SP 0460
Local Control Accountability Plan AR 0460
Maintaining a Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace - Employees OP 0442.00
Procedure for Acceptance of Gifts/Donations SP 3291.00
Donation Form E 3291.00
Prohibited Harassment Policy - Employees SP 0411.00
Prohibited Harassment Policy - Students BP/SP 5145.30
Public Use of Conference Center and School Facilities SP 1330.00
Student Use of Technology BP/SP 6163.4
Student Internet Use Agreement and Release from Liability E 6163.4
Tobacco-Free Environment - Employees BP/SP 0441.00
Tobacco-Free Environment - Employees OP 0441.00
Tobacco Free Schools BP/SP 3513.3
Tobacco - Students BP/SP 5131.62
Tobacco - Students AR 5131.62
Travel/Conference - Employees SP 4133.00
Travel/Conference Forms E 4133.00
Uniform Complaint Procedures BP/SP 1312.3
Uniform Complaint Procedures AR 1312.3
Uniform Complaint Form E 1312.3
Use of Copyrighted Materials OP 0416.00
Using Classroom Volunteers OP 1240.00
Volunteers SP 1240.00
Guidelines for Volunteers E 1240.01
Weapons and Dangerous Instruments - Employees SP 4020.00